Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another Reason to Try Autumn Spiced

I'm in love with our new Autumn Spiced wine.  It's my "go to" wine on evenings when I can effortlessly polish off a bottle of it on my own.  For me, it's the perfect blend of sweetness with the wonderful flavors of the season.  

This week I found another use for my delicious fall favorite.  We recently had a friend of the winery bring us a bunch of delicious pears.  While cooking a family dinner, my mom decided to try sauteing some pears in the Autumn Spice for dessert.  The outcome was fabulous.  Of course, it didn't hurt that the warm, cinnamon-spiced pears were served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.  Even my dad and husband, who aren't huge fans of dessert, gobbled up their portions.  For me, it was light and soothing after a heavy meal.  If you are looking for an easy fall dessert to impress your guests, this would be my suggestion.




Here's our recipe (albeit not exact as we didn't use any measurements or times)

  1. Peel and slice 4 pears in half and place cut side down in a large sauce pan.
  2. Pour Fireside Winery's Autumn Spice wine over the pears, enough so pears are resting in 1/4 inch of liquid
  3. Sprinkle cinnamon over the pears, cover and steam over medium high heat until the pears are easily pierced by a fork and most of the liquid is cooked off (about 10-15 minutes)
  4. Serve each half pear with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and ENJOY!
Fireside Winery, Marengo, Iowa
Please enjoy our wines responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment