TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
Reports to: Onsite Manager
Schedule: 30-36 hrs/week – 4 days/week (weekends) – 2 positions.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of winery tasting room service though excellent customer service; sees to exceptional visitor/tourist experiences though knowledgeable social/educational interactions; and positively contributes to Fireside Winery’s focus on attention to detail.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –TASTING ROOM SERVICE
- Welcomes and assists winery customers with wine tastings/samplings, and purchases.
- Able to sell wine, general merchandise, and knowledgeable of onsite programs (e.g., Fan Club and benefits).
- Operate cash register, Point-of-Sale register, program register, and print reports.
- Assists with winery special events, concerts, weddings, receptions as needed.
- Provides information, education and tours to visitors as appropriate.
- Periodically assists with off-site winery events/tastings.
- Other functions as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – GENERAL WINERY BUSINESS FUNCTIONS
- Restock wine and general merchandise, label and price retail inventory.
- Periodic office work to include: filing, computer data entry (MS Word, Excel), laminating, and printing.
- Cleaning: tasting bar area, general winery up-keep and cleaning, as necessary.
- Kitchen: prepare and serve appetizers, and clean kitchen area, as necessary
- Other duties as needed.
- Loves working with customers and tourists.
- Enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about local wines
- Knowledgeable of wine, winery operations, and/or willing to learn
- Strong office skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Works independently and within a close team environment.
Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
APPLY: Send resume and letter of introduction to Cassie Bott (Onsite Manager): email@example.com