During the very hands-on cooking class her students (mostly middle-aged gentlemen with little to no experience in the kitchen) were guided through a four-course meal preparation. The students excelled and because the meal was so easy to prepare and tasty, I thought I'd repost the salad recipe:
Apple Bleu Cheese Salad
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 2oz Blue Cheese crumbles
- 1 ripe pear or crisp apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Directions: Toast walnuts for about 2-3 minutes, over medium heat, using a flat saute pan - stir frequently to prevent burning. Place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss. Serves about 4-5 people.
- 1/2 cup of oil (Canola or good vegetable oil)
- 3Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fireside Winery, Iowa Frontenac
- 1/2tsp Dijon mustard
- Directions: Mix ingredients together thoroughly. Serve over the salad greens you prepared (above). Enjoy!
Special thanks to Luann Alemao & Associates for permission to reprint the recipe. Please visit her website to learn more: Luann Alemao & Associates.